It is no spoiler alert to suggest that B2B online marketing is the bane of many business owners. But it doesn’t need to be.
To maximise a business’s success online requires systematic, well thought out planning and execution.
It has been said that online marketing is a mix of science and art. The following infographic from our friends at Circle Studio. reinforces this concept:
Put simply, creative offers and practical content are required to generate traffic, which in turn generates leads.
Here are some key take-aways :
1. Start with a PLAN – Strategy is the foundation for any online marketing that a business conducts.
2. Here’s your advantage – Most businesses do not have a formal online marketing strategy.
3. Multiple touch points – 97% of visitors are not ready to purchase on their first visit to your company website
4. Articulate how you solve problems – Content marketing is crucial as it provides the opportunity for your business to explain why your solutions solve an important problem .
5. Importance of Earned/Owned/Paid traffic – The right combination of traffic generation strategies will ensure your business is found online.
6. To blog or not to blog – 67% of B2B companies that blog generate more leads per month than those who don’t.
7. Practical engagement – 66% of buyers indicate that “consistent and relevant communication provided by both sales and marketing” is a key influence in choosing a solution provider.
8. Measure twice, cut once – Measuring appropriate analytics in each phase of the sales cycle is key to converting a prospect to a loyal customer.
Plan > Create content > Build Traffic > Qualify Leads > Measure campaigns > Grow your business
The Science of B2B Marketing infographic syndicated from Circle Studio.