Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram ….
At one stage or another pundits predicted they would not last. Well, not only are they still here ( Facebook ~ 10 years old ), many have flourished.
What are the similarities and differences between our favourite Social Media platforms ?
Here is a quick look, from our friends at Leverage.
Image Credit : Leverage New Age Media
Let’s look at some fun facts :
- A man shares his own wanted poster on Facebook, gets arrested 45 mins later.
- The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 year age bracket.
- 95% of companies use LinkedIn to find and attract employees. 59% use Facebook and 42% use Twitter.
- Facebook is just over 10 years old. Ok, this isn’t really a fun fact, but it is still playing a disruptive role in our daily lives so it’s hard to remember how ‘mature’ it is.
- 46% of purchasers will research their decision via social media.
- Very few people know that reason the Facebook logo is blue …. it’s because of creator Mark Zuckerberg’s color blindness. The best color he can see is …. wait for it …. blue.
- Facebook says that we’re active for 17 minutes on average. Here is a link for you to see how much time you have ACTUALLY spent on Facebook.